Serendipity

I watched that movie today. I was supposed to be folding the laundry but I wanted to see that movie more than I did the one before it so it only got half done. I am a hopeless romantic at heart. Maybe that's why I couldn't ever let go of Aaron. Once I started to see who he really was I felt this gravity towards him that I couldn't fight. There are a few people who think that we shouldn't be together but once I realized I was in love with him I couldn't stay away. It was selfish but, no matter how much I didn't want to be, I was drawn to him. I've never had such passion for anyone else in my life. Watching that movie made me remember how important passion is in our lives. Not just in our love lives though. Passion for our work, for our kids and for our God. I feel that to be true now more than ever. To quote my mom, "Do what you love, and the money will follow."

That is my mamma and my kitty :-)
Recently, I quit my job. Horrible timing, you say? Probably. But it was the best thing I have done for myself in a while. I am free of that wretched place! I didn't realize it before but that place was holding me back from being happy. I won't tell you where I worked because they aren't all that bad and also I would like not to be sued in case I signed some paper at some time or another about promising never to talk bad about them.... Who knows. Anyways, it stressed me out. It made me miserable. I will miss all the friends I made but it was not worth it to lose my sanity for some place that holds no future for me. I refuse to let anyone make me feel like I am nothing and had I stayed I would have allowed that. I am blessed that I have a man who supports me and trusts me. (Honestly, he would have called and said some unpleasant things had I not stopped him.) 

So here I am trying to follow my passion. What about you? Can you say that? I don't believe in doing something that you don't want to do. If you aren't true to yourself who can you be true to? Be who you are. Do what you want and not what you don't. If we were all honest with each other we would all be better off. I also believe people can really change and that forgiveness takes strength to grant, not weakness. "....Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7 Remember that when you talk to people. Remember that when you are judging. I can't begin to explain to you what forgiveness means to me. I never would have made it as far as I have without learning how to forgive. Think about it people.




P.S. I promise to limit the number of posts in which I mount the soapbox but this is something that is close to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment