Knitting Buddy Fail. Doh!

So the plan was for my BFF and fellow knitter was supposed to come over before work and we would knit and get things done. That was the plan anyways. First we wound a few skeins of yarn into cakes (She has a swift and ball winder and I don't). Then we went to get food. After that we talked about her new job opportunity for Premier Yarns and my first time designing a pattern. Then we went shopping. Then she had to leave. We knit absolutely nothing! Oh and during that, not only did we not knit, but she tried to convince me to knit myself Featherweight in some beautiful lace Rhodesian.




The moral of this story is make sure that your knitting buddy and you are capable of actually sitting down and chilling uninterrupted. Had we not needed to feed my man and kid or needed groceries, we might have sat down to knit and talk..... Also, it is a good idea to do so regularly instead of sporadically because then you feel the need to catch up every time you see each other. She will be moving to NC in March and suggested that we have skype nights so that we can still knit "together". This is really a good idea for all you homebodies though too. If you're like me and you are just as happy at home in your favorite comfy spot with a cup of tea and a blanket and/or giant sweater, then skype is a good tool to utilize. Besides doesn't just about everyone have a webcam nowadays? What I am saying is, having a buddy only helps if you guys have a schedule.

On the upside, I got a new job!!!! I now work at the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. :-D Which means less time for knitting but until I have a more steady income doing what I really want to do (which is this whole blogging-knitting-selling thing) I really need the money. You would be surprised how well you can live on wages below the poverty line but you have to have a wage to begin with. I am not one of those people who can live off of welfare or disability. It was such a relief to no longer work where I worked before but I still needed a job. Just praying that this will be a much better work environment. Aaron and I went to Burger King while we were out to get some free fries on this free-fry-weekend in celebration of my new job. Aren't we livin' it up? So I am trying to take advantage of my last precious knitting time before I start on Monday and I am trying to resist the desire to cast-on Featherweight. I just have so much to knit! Gah! Can I run away now? Hope everyone else's holiday knitting is going better than mine. Off to knit!


No comments:

Post a Comment