Rescue Plans

So Aaron's Christmas present or part of it (see previous post for why knitwear is not a sufficient present for him.) is going to be a pair of socks. Socks are the one thing that he will indeed wear because he is weird about socks. He never goes barefoot ever. Hates it. So I figured that socks were safe as a present for him. However, because of my lack of planning or rather my procrastination, I have yet to finish the first one. In an effort to get all presents knit by Christmas I am going to prioritize based on expected knit time and try to divide my time appropriately. If I can manage to be organized maybe I can still get all the things done that I want to. Organization is going to save me (hopefully) where my procrastination would have been my downfall. So anyways, on to Aaron's socks.

I absolutely adore Cookie A’s socks and my first ever sock will be Wanida from Sock Innovation. I keep starting and ripping it out and repeat. Just couldn't decide at first. I haven't done anything that I consider as challenging as a this before and something about socks is intimidating. But I have made more progress on these socks for Aaron than on any other so far.






The real reason for starting a sock is because I had a retarded moment with the Shoulder Warmer for my mom and was so apalled by my idiocy that I just had to sit it down and back away slowly. I realized though that I hadn’t noted what changes I made. I made the sleeves shorter by a lot and more fitted. In case anyone wants to know:

I cast on for an extra small and knit like the pattern said up until the sleeves (which had 58 sts at the beginning of the sleeve). I knit the sleeves on a US 8 16″circ. I made 2 decreases every other row. I did this for 18 rows ending with 40 sts. Then I began the k2p2 rib for 9 rows and bound off. Although I will note that I definitely need to use a more stretchy bind off because it will be unwearable if my mom gains the tiniest bit of weight. Probably going to re-do the bind off once I decide what a more appropriate one would be. Suggestions are welcome.



flat pic of the shrug


No comments:

Post a Comment